Here is our step-by-step guide for how to apply. If you have questions contact us!
For EU citizens: steps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8.
For non-EU citizens: steps 0-8.
For Erasmus students: contact your local Erasmus coordinator.
Enquire about visa requirements at the nearest Hungarian Consulate, you will apply for a student residence permit, receive a type D visa valid for single entry to Hungary and you will need to pick up your student residence permit within 30 days after arrival in Budapest, at the Immigration Office. Enquire at the Hungarian Consulate when you can have the visa interview if the appointment is in several weeks, book one right away – we will send you the Visa Support Certificate immediately after payment.
Prepare documents required by IBS (secondary school leaving certificate or Bachelor's/Master's degree, transcripts, passport, English language certificate / Medium of Instruction certificate).
- Go to the IBS Application page and click on the ‘Become an Applicant’ button. You will see your login immediately and it will be sent to your email too. Save your login as you will need to sign in from time to time.
- Choose your programme and intake (you can apply only to one programme).
- Fill in the form and upload the required documents.
- Pay special attention to the ‘Checklist tasks’, you need to do all of them in order to be admitted.
- Submit your application.
- IBS will get back to you with the EUR 100 application fee details (non-refundable). Please note that your application becomes valid only after your application fee payment.
IBS checks your documents and you do the IBS online English testing if necessary. If documents are accepted (and you pass the online English testing), IBS sends a Confirmation of Application with enrolment details, the refund policy and invoice for University Foundation and BSc applicants. MSc applicants will have an online Orientation Interview first, then if accepted, they receive the Confirmation of Application.
Proceed with payment of tuition fee. You may pay the fees via bank transfer or with a credit/debit card via Flywire.
After IBS receives the tuition and registration fees, all applicants will receive our Visa Support Certificate and Letter sent in their online application. EU citizens receive information on enrolment.
Contact the nearest Hungarian Consulate and ask for a visa interview. Please note that IBS does not deal with visa application, it is your responsibility to get all information and apply for a residence permit.
If the visa is granted, inform IBS about it. If the visa is refused, email the official refusal ASAP to IBS as you have 8 days to appeal if you wish. (In case of a refund, please find Refund policy on our website.)
Do not forget to bring original documents and 2 ID photos with you for enrolment.