Welcome to IBS!
To facilitate your preparation for the MSc Programme at IBS we have put together a List of Pre-Course Materials containing key readings as well as short recorded lectures on various business topics. As you will notice, some of these materials (called “GENERAL”) are for all of you while others are programme-specific. However, they all contain the relevant basic background knowledge required by IBS and are absolutely necessary for the successful commencement of your studies.
We would also like to call your attention to two links on this page called "From Undergraduate to Graduate" and "Study Guide", which will provide you with indispensable information as you enter a new stage in your life.
We have also included three advanced reading comprehension exercises for those of you who will take their English Language Test upon their arrival on campus.
We strongly recommend that you study these materials thoroughly during the time that remains before you start your studies.
Enjoy this preparation phase and we look forward to seeing you here soon.
- Introduction to Accounting
- Talking Accounting Definitions
- Financial Accounting for Transportation
- Accounting for Managers, Chapters 1-2 of Part 1
- Talking Macroeconomics Definitions 1
- Talking Macroeconomics Definitions 2
- Talking Macroeconomics Definitions 3
- Talking Macroeconomics Definitions 4
- Talking Macroeconomics Definitions 5
MSc in Strategic International Management
MSc in Strategic Finance
- Introduction to Finance
- Financial Reporting & Analysis - Overview
- New Agenda for Corporate Accountability Reporting
MSc in Strategic Human Resource HR Management
- HRM Textbook (a good textbook on HRM)
- HRM Guide (a collection of articles on HRM)
- People Management (CIPD - a leading web page for HR managers)
- Introduction to HRM
- Become an L&D Master in 10 easy steps
- Forget everything you know about recruitment
- HR's 10 most expensive mistakes
- It's my job now and it's my job next
- The 2015 HR and L&D Salary Survey
- Tom Peters on leading the 21st-century organization
- One More Time: How To Motivate Employees
- Jos de Blok on Organizational Structures
MSc in Strategic Marketing
- Fundamentals of Marketing Basics
- Top 10 Marketing Failures: Coke, Ford, Netflix
- Building a Brand in Fashion
- Revitalising a Brand
- Further marketing videos and articles
MSc in IT for Business Data Analytics and MBA in Strategic Data-Driven Management
English Language Materials:
This section helps you practice reading comprehension through the gap-fill of summaries. The texts are related to "soft" business topics and are similar to the ones in the English Placement Test.