Use these Top Ten Tips from current university students to get through your exam stress!1. Make sure you eat well during exam time! The night before an exam, eat a good dinner like spaghetti bolognese. The pasta will give you energy and the protein in the meat is good for the brain! Drink lots of water too, so you stay refreshed and hydrated.
2. Don‘t stay up too late working the night before an exam: it is better to relax and get an early night than to stay up cramming. Look through your notes the morning of your exam if it makes you feel calmer, but don’t try and learn new information, it will just panic you.
3. Make sure you have everything ready for your exam before you go to bed. You don’t want a last-minute panic looking for your calculator or pencil case!
4. If possible, walk or cycle to and from the exam. The exercise will help to relax you and also work off any anxiety.
5. Once in front of the exam paper take a really big breath before you open it and exhale slowly, this will give your brain a big gulp of oxygen to help you to focus. Try to relax; you may find that your shoulders tense so shrug and give them a roll every now and then otherwise the stiffness will affect your concentration.
6. Before you start the exam, scan through the whole paper so you know what is coming up. Make sure you read all the questions carefully; highlighting bits is really helpful. Write a few notes next to them as well. When looking through the exam paper, find out which questions carry the most marks and concentrate more time on those questions. Most importantly don’t forget to check the back page!
7. If you’re stuck on a question, don’t panic, go on to the next one and come back to it, you may find that you think of the answer whilst looking at the next question.
9. If it’s an essay-based question then PLAN. This cannot be over-emphasised; if you plan then your answer will be more structured and you will find that as you write other ideas will occur to you.
10. Keep an eye on the time; take a watch in case you can’t see the clocks provided and make full use of the time that you have to do the exam. If you finish the paper before the time is up, read through the questions and your answers again carefully. You will almost certainly think of new things to add and spot any mistakes you may have made.
And a guide to click on...Source