Manage risk like a professional! Raise your knowledge in finance and develop your critical thinking skills to be able to create tailor-made business strategies.
MSc in Financial Management (TOP 100 - Global ranking ranked N°70 in Financial Markets, Worldwide!*) is suitable for those intending to develop their careers in finance, broadly defined as corporate finance, security analysis, portfolio management, treasury management, the functioning of financial institutions and markets, and financial decision-making in the public or not-for-profit sectors. For those already working in finance, the programme will enhance their effectiveness by covering the latest developments in the field, encouraging them to question traditional techniques and take an analytical approach to problem-solving.
*Eduniversal Master Ranking
[[ quote category="student_quotes" entry="catherine-arlt-msc-vienna" style="1"]]
|Duration of study period||12 months|
|Tuition fee per semester in Budapest||€ 4,700|
|One-off registration fee for non-EU citizens||€ 900|
|Degree awarded by||The University of Buckingham|
|Admission criteria||Relevant bachelor degree|
|Language of tuition||English|
** Only in Budapest
Key areas of studies
Accounting for decision making, financial reports and statements, financial decision-making, advanced financial management, global financial markets, venture capital, risk management, business strategy, cross-cultural management skills. The curriculum is indicative and is subject to change.
Knowledge & Understanding
Students upon graduation should be equipped with
- global economic and managerial issues as they relate to strategic decision making;
- core and advanced theories, concepts and practices that are relevant to the field of financial management;
- the role and limitations of accounting and their influence on financial decision making;
- the forces shaping the financial services industry, especially the complex link between risk management, shareholder expectations and corporate social responsibility;
- appropriate techniques to deal with complex issues critical to the success of multinational firms.
Disciplinary & Professional Skills
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- To create an opportunity for students to occupy mid-level financial management positions in companies and develop international managerial skills.
- To study, review and put into practice both the “tried and tested” techniques and the latest concepts in the field of financial management.
- To deepen the students’ ability to apply, develop and critically appraise current techniques, theories and practices encountered in the financial environment of local and international firms.
- To develop critical awareness of the global business environment and the relevant financial tools required to make a business or organisation successful in an increasingly competitive world.
- To develop international managers, skilled in interpersonal and cross-cultural communications, and equipped with up-to-date knowledge on financial management.
- To create a global and strategic mindset and to develop sensitivity to learning from other cultures.
- To build an appreciation in students of the need to continuously develop skills and knowledge throughout their careers.
[[ quote category="student_quotes" entry="scott-wallace-1" style="2"]]
This programme integrates theory with practise to produce graduates who have a broad knowledge of finance and can apply it in real-life situations. In addition, the course may lead to job opportunities as a line manager at finance units within the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
Recent graduates are employed as line managers by the biggest firms of the financial sector such as Morgan-Stanley, Axa Group, BNP Paribas or Deutsche Bank.