IBS is a private university that requires tuition fees on all programmes. However, IBS also offers different scholarships for BSc, MSc and PhD students.
Bachelor's degree programmes (6 semesters)
Master's degree programmes in Budapest (2 semesters)
MBA in Data-Driven Management (2 semesters)
Master's degree programmes in Vienna (2 semesters)
PhD programmes (6 semesters)
International University Foundation (2 semesters)
|One-time registration fee for non-EU citizens (except PhD students)|
|Validation fee for PhD students|
|Application fee (non refundable, deducted from the tuition fee)|
You may pay the fees via bank transfer or with credit/debit card. Please note that we accept Visa, MasterCard and Maestro. If you pay the application fee with a bank card via SimplePay, there is 3% surcharge on online payment, so you will pay EUR 103 by card.
It is also possible to pay the tuition fee with a bank card, the surcharge for online payment is EUR 200. Kindly consult with your bank about bank transfer charges to verify whether the card payment or the bank transfer is more convenient for you.
In case you opt for the card payment, kindly request a payment link at firstname.lastname@example.org
What is included in the tuition fee?
The tuition fee includes the cost of education, the intranet and library use and regular exam fees. The contents of classes are available on the IBS intranet and the library has several copies of each course book that you will need for the modules. However, it is also possible to buy books in the library.
The tuition fee does NOT include: health insurance, accommodation, meals or photocopying.
The tuition fees shall not be claimed back in whole or in part, by taking the following cases into consideration:
- if a student from the European Union member states prior to the first day of the term time requests the termination of its student legal relationship, or the declaration of the term as a passive term, it shall be entitled to reclaim the full amount of tuition fee.
- if a student requests a passive semester or the termination of its student contract after the beginning of the semester’s term time, but within one calendar month of the first day of the semester time, the student shall be provided an opportunity to use 80% of tuition fee paid for the given semester to cover part of the tuition fee in a later semester, within 1 calendar year. Only students from the European Union may reclaim tuition fees that have been paid but not used.
- if a student, after the beginning of the semester’s term time, but within one calendar month of the first day of the term time, requests and receives permission for transfer to another academic programme within the College (with or without claiming passive status on the original academic programme), the tuition fees already paid must be counted against the required fees of the new programme; any difference (if the new programme has a higher fee) must be paid by the student, or (if the new programme has a lower fee) be refunded to the student.
- if a student from outside the European Union through no fault of his/her own fails to receive a visa / residency permit shall be entitled to reclaim the full amount of the tuition fee paid. 100 EUR from the registration fee is non-refundable in this case.
- if a student from outside the European Union has received a visa / residency permit for study purposes, but fails to start or continue his/her studies, he/she shall not be entitled to reclaim the tuition fee. The registration fee is also nonrefundable in this case.
- if the student from outside the European Union failing to start or continue his/her studies possesses a residence permit in Hungary unrelated to his/her studies at IBS, he/she shall be entitled to refunds according to 1)-2) above. The registration fee is non-refundable in this case either.
Click here for further information about Refund Policy for Visa Refusal.
You can read about our scholarships here.