Here is our step-by-step guide for how to apply. If you have questions contact us!
For EU citizens: steps 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 8.
For non-EU citizens: steps 0-8.
For Erasmus students: contact your local Erasmus coordinator.
Enquire about visa requirements at the nearest Hungarian Consulate, you will apply for a student residence permit, receive a type D visa valid for single entry to Hungary and you will need to pick up your student residence permit within 30 days after arrival in Budapest, at the Immigration Office. Enquire at the Hungarian Consulate when you can have the visa interview if the appointment is in several weeks, book one right away – we will send you the Visa Support Certificate immediately after payment.
Prepare documents required for IBS (secondary school leaving certificate or Bachelor's/Master's degree, passport, English language certificate. Non-EU applicants should prepare further documents required by the Hungarian Consulate (an English language certificate is an advantage for the Consulate).
- Go to the IBS Application page and click on the ‘Become an Applicant’ button. You will see your login immediately and it will be sent to your email too. Save your login as you will need to sign in from time to time.
- Choose your programme and intake (you can apply only to one programme).
- Fill in the form and upload the required documents.
- Pay special attention to the ‘Checklist tasks’, you need to do all of them in order to be admitted.
- Submit your application.
- You will need to pay EUR 100 application fee (non-refundable) that will be deducted from your tuition fee later. Please note that your application becomes valid only after your application fee payment.
If documents are accepted, IBS sends a Confirmation of Application with enrolment details, the refund policy and invoice for University Foundation and BSc applicants. MSc applicants will have a Skype Orientation Interview first, then if accepted they receive the Confirmation of Application.
Proceed with payment of tuition fee. You may pay the fees via bank transfer or with credit/debit card.
After IBS receives the tuition and registration fees, all applicants will receive our Visa Support Certificate and Letter sent by express courier, you pay for delivery with the tuition fee. EU citizens receive information on enrolment and English placement test.
Contact the nearest Hungarian Consulate and ask for a visa interview. Please note that IBS does not deal with visa application, it is your responsibility to get all information and apply for a residence permit.
If the visa is granted, inform IBS about your arrival. If the visa is refused e-mail official refusal ASAP to IBS so that we can refund your tuition fee (but NOT the registration fee).
Do not forget to bring original documents and 2 ID photos with you for enrolment.