Under the exceptional circumstances of COVID-19, we are offering all our students a free choice: you can decide whether you wish to attend classes face-to-face or online in the fall semester. All students can choose to study online instead of attending face-to-face classes, including those who are currently in Hungary.
Dates of enrolment for new students for the academic year 2020/2021:
17 August - 21 September, 2020
Place of enrolment: Centre for Student Services, Graphisoft Park, U1 Building, ground floor, left side.
Opening hours: Mon-Thu: 9:00-12:00 and 13:00-15:00, Fri: 9:00-12:00
What to bring:
- Original high school diploma or Bachelor's/Master's degree certificate
- certified English translation of the above document if it's not in English or in Hungarian,
- English language certificate (if you have one),
- official work reference letter(s) (if you have been admitted with work experience),
- passport (non-EU citizens), passport or ID card (EU citizens), ID card, TAJ card and Adóazonosító card (Hungarian citizens),
- 2 ID photos,
- please make sure you have a face-mask.
Please write to email@example.com if you wish to enrol online. The Student Centre will give you an appointment by email for the online enrolment. It will be done in a video chat (you will need a laptop and camera) and you will have to present your passport, original school documents and English language certificate (if you have one) and sign the contract in front of the IBS administrator.
Please note that if you choose to do the first semester online, you cannot switch to face-to-face classes as the semester progresses. There is only one exception: international students who would like to study face-to-face but arrive late due to visa or travel issues. They can start online and then switch to face-to-face when they arrive if they wish (The tuition fee is the same for online or face-to-face classes).
You will get the timetable from the Student Center.
IBS Online English testing before enrolment:
Please check on our website if you can be exempt from the IBS online English language testing with your language certificate.
IBS informs you if you must take the IBS online English testing.
- BSc students: online English language test that you can take any time but just once for 100 minutes (without any help or copy-paste), online listening and interview for which you book a day in advance.
- MSc students: online English language test that you can take any time but just once for 100 minutes (without any help or copy-paste).
- International University Foundation: you will take the IBS placement test after enrolment.
Website for IBS online English testing: https://seti.ibs-b.hu/
You receive an email from Moodle Mailer with your username and password to the email you provided in your online application (please check your spam and promotion boxes). Please login very soon after receiving the login details. You will have to change your password when you first log in to the site, please save your password.
If you don't know your password please click on "Forgotten username or password" under the login details on https://seti.ibs-b.hu/.
You can take the online Written English Test any time but just once for 100 minutes (without any help or copy-paste).
The online listening starts at 9 a.m. CEST (Hungarian time) sharp, please log in to https://seti.ibs-b.hu/ at 8:45 a.m. CEST (Hungarian Time). Please make sure to check your log in details one day before as you will have to retake the listening if you cannot start it on time. You will get an invitation for the interview by email ONLY if you have completed the listening part.
Online interviews are conducted via Microsoft Teams (no need to download it) in 20-minute slots anytime between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. CEST on the same day as the listening. Please note that interview times are not flexible and they are scheduled by the interviewers. Apart from a stable internet connection, you will need a camera and a microphone for the interview.
If your internet connection breaks down during the listening please write to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will provide you with a new date.
IBS will inform you about the result of your IBS online English testing (within 2 days) and after that you can enrol.