We offer four PhD programmes in English, all leading to the degree conferred by our British partner, The University of Buckingham. These are degrees by research which require an original contribution to the body of knowledge in a particular academic or professional discipline.
Please be informed that we do NOT offer online PhD programmes.
3-year, full-time PhD programmes:
The PhD is an advanced research degree during which students undertake supervised but independent research that leads to a thesis of not more than 100,000 words embodying the results of that research. The thesis must demonstrate extended familiarity with and a comprehensive understanding of the subject and the academic literature in the area; show an ability to construct and execute a plan for primary research, including the collection and critical analysis of data; and embody an original contribution to knowledge in the field of business and management or international affairs.
Postgraduate students on our PhD programme will first be enrolled on a Probationary PhD Status and at the end of the first year when their research proposal is assessed, the decision is made on the conversion to Full PhD Status.
During the programme student must have at least 12 face-to-face consultation meetings/year with the supervisor on the Budapest Campus of IBS. The degree will be conferred by The University of Buckingham, acknowledged and appreciated worldwide.
- first or second class, upper division Master's degree,
- sufficient English skills and academic knowledge and detailed research proposal that the IBS Research Officer checks with an Orientation Interview online after the application fee payment,
- one academic referee’s report,
- if the proposal is accepted and IBS can provide a supervisor, you will proceed with a consultation with the Supervisor followed by payment transfer of the first year’s fee.
- After the online application you will need to pay EUR 100 application fee that will be deducted from your tuition fee later.
- If your proposal is accepted by IBS, you will have a Skype interview with the Research Officer.
- After the interview you pay EUR 1200 validation fee.
- After The University of Buckingham has approved your proposal, you pay the remaining fee of the first year, EUR 4900.
- IBS sends you the visa support certificate by DHL and you start the visa process.
must be paid by year: EUR 6,200/year (the programme lasts 3 years)
Validation fee: EUR 1,200 EUR
DHL delivery fee of Visa Support Certificate: EUR 25
Upon the online application you will have to transfer EUR 100 application fee (non-refundable) which will be deducted from your first year’s tuition fee.
IBS offers discount from the tuition fee for those who wish to teach on regular BSc modules (2-8 classes/week) and have been selected by IBS. Please indicate in your online interview with the Research Officer if you are interested in teaching at IBS.