International Business School (IBS) is a state-recognised leading private higher education institution accredited in Hungary and the United Kingdom, offering a multitude of degree and non-degree programmes related to business and management. IBS as an employer strives to achieve diversity among its staff which reflects the communities it serves, thus we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. IBS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all faculty and staff to share this commitment.
Student Administrative Services Specialist
Type of contract: full-time, open-ended
Location: 1031 Budapest, Záhony utca 7, Graphisoft Park
Key responsibilities include:
- Over-the-counter and online assistance to students in matters including but not limited to enrolments, contracts of education, check-ins, timetabling, sign-ups, transcripts, student cards, academic advice.
- Provision of information and paper-based or electronic documents (certificates, transcripts, awards, diploma supplements, etc.) for students and external authorities, observing data protection regulations
- Assistance with the quick and efficient administration of student requests
- Keeping up-to-date personal, financial, and academic data of students in the designated institutional databases
- Carrying out regular checks to ensure that students progress according to academic regulations and to the best of their ability
- Ensuring that eligible students receive student cards and student loans
Qualifications, skills, and experience:
- Bachelor or higher degree in any field (required).
- Advanced (C1) level written and oral English and Hungarian language competence (required).
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills (required).
- Excellent IT skills, openness to learning new software (required).
- Ability to work as part of a team (required).
- Work experience in university or school administration (advantage).
- Work experience in customer service (advantage).
What kind of work to expect?
You will be joining a long-standing, excellent team of 6 student administrators working tightly together, sharing their open-plan office space. You will be assisting an exceptionally diverse range of international students from 60+ countries. As in all customer service positions, the 8-hour daily work may occasionally become stressful, repetitive, or overwhelming. Working hours may be somewhat flexible and might be combined with some home-office days at a later stage.
Remuneration: monthly salary, negotiable
Please send your CV and motivation letter of no more than 200 words in English to email@example.com. In your CV and/or motivation letter, please demonstrate how you meet the five qualifications/skills marked as “required” above. Promising candidates may be sent some quizzes, tests, or other assignments to complete. The highest achieving candidates will be invited for an interview.
Application deadline: 8 December 2023
Informal enquiries should be made to Dr Zoltan Graf, Pro-Rector (Operations), firstname.lastname@example.org.
Safeguarding and equality:
IBS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all faculty and staff to share this commitment.
IBS is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from every walk of life.