International Business School (IBS) is a state-recognised leading private higher education institution accredited in Hungary and the United Kingdom, offering a multitude of degree and non-degree programmes related to business and management. IBS as an employer strives to achieve diversity among its staff which reflects the communities it serves, thus we welcome applicants from all backgrounds. IBS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all faculty and staff to share this commitment.
We are currently looking to fill the following position:
Senior Lecturer / Professor of Data Science
(Academic Area Leader)
Type of contract: Full-time, open-ended
Location: 1031 Budapest, Záhony utca 7, Graphisoft Park
- Lead the work of the “data science” academic area across the School, in teaching and learning, student engagement, and administration.
- Lead the design and development of the IBS’s programmes in the areas of data science and business analytics.
- Use a range of delivery and assessment techniques to enthuse and engage students in the above areas at bachelor and master’s level.
- Act as a supervisor at all levels, especially on the MBA and MSc levels.
- Encourage faculty to enhance learning and teaching in the academic area in line with IBS’s learning and teaching strategy and associated policies, practices and processes.
- Represent the academic area during, and preparing reports for, meetings organized by the School with internal and external bodies.
- Take an active part in strategic development projects.
Qualifications and experience:
- PhD in a related field (required).
- Ability to teach in English (required) and in Hungarian (optional).
- Work experience in the profession (preferred).
- Min. three years of teaching experience in higher/adult education or training (required).
What we offer:
- We are a teaching and learning-oriented school where education is focused on interactive small-group learning and the development of students’ abilities and skills.
- We aim to blend academic knowledge and practical experience.
- We have a supportive atmosphere with many opportunities to develop your own teaching skills.
- We prize collaboration and skills development, both among our tutors and students.
Remuneration: Negotiable, depending on qualifications and experience.
The final deadline for applications is 15 February 2022. Please send the following documents to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- a CV complete with your professional and teaching experience (including the titles and types of courses taught);
- a (non-traditional) cover letter, in which you envisage a plan for extending data-led approaches at IBS during your first year in this position and discuss how your skills and experience would enable you to carry it out;
- the names, affiliation, and contact information of two referees.
Shortlisted candidates will be invited for an interview and demo teaching in March 2022.
Informal enquiries should be made to Dr Marton Racz, Pro-Rector (Academic), email@example.com
Safeguarding and equality:
IBS is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all faculty and staff to share this commitment.
IBS is an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and welcome applicants from every walk of life.