On national holidays in Austria all shops, banks and public services are closed, restaurants are usually open.
- 1 January – New Year's Day
- 6 January – Epiphany
- Easter Monday*
- 1 May – Labor Day
- Ascension Day* – (Christi Himmelfahrt) 39 days after Easter Sunday
- Whit Sunday* – (Pfingsten) Pentecost Descent of the Holy Ghost upon the Apostles, 49 days after the Resurrection of Christ
- Corpus Christi* – First Holy Eucharist Last Supper. Thursday after Trinity Sunday (60 days after Easter Sunday)
- 15 August – Assumption of Mary
- 26 October – Austrian National Day (day of the Declaration of Neutrality)
- 1 November – All Saints' Day
- 8 December – Feast of the Immaculate Conception, retail stores are allowed to open for Christmas shopping
- 25 December – Christmas Day
- 26 December – St. Stephen's Day
An asterisk (*) denotes a movable holiday.