- Tutor and supervisor of doctoral students
- Department of Arts Management
- Send e-mail
Hedvig is an art historian and art writer. At the earlier stages of her professional carrier, she worked at the Ludwig Museum Budapest-Contemporary Art Museum as a researcher and curator, taught in the Education Abroad Programme of the University of California, was a senior editor in Corvina Publishing House and a museologist at the Hungarian National Gallery. She holds a PhD from Eötvös Loránd University, Budapest (2000). Dr Turai’s main interests are contemporary art, gender studies, visual culture, visuality of advertisements, Holocaust in art, trauma studies, memory studies, East-West relations, decolonial studies. She is a full-time tutor and a supervisor of doctoral students at IBS Budapest. Her most important publications in arts include a monograph on the Hungarian painter Margit Anna (2002), and a co-edited book entitled Exposed Memories: Family pictures in Private and Collective Memory (2010).
Main research activities include:
- Women’s Strategies in art after 1945 (with Edit András, Gábor Andrási and János Sturcz, Research Support Scheme, OSI)
- Old Traumas – New Conflicts (with art historian Edit András) – on Holocaust and Nationalism in contemporary art
- The Long Sixties – joint research of Ludwig Museum Budapest and the Institute for Art History, Research Centre for the Humanities, Hungarian Academy of Sciences