Would you like to improve your English while having the best year of your life? IBS has programmes to prepare your language skills for higher level education.
This 1-year programme will definitely boost your English skills with 4-5 classes every weekday in small groups of 10-12 international students.
The International University Foundation has been running successfully for a decade now at International Business School. Its primary objective is to prepare students for continuing their studies in English at higher education level. It is, therefore, first and foremost recommended for those who eventually wish to obtain an English university degree from the International Business School/The University of Buckingham. It is also an excellent opportunity for those who simply want to improve their English for various purposes.
|Duration of programme||2 semesters|
|Tuition fee per semester||€ 2,200|
|One-off registartion fee for non-EU citizens||€ 900|
|Admission criteria||High School Leaving Certificate|
|Language of tuition||English|
The programme includes a total of 600 hours of English lessons per academic year. Students will have in-depth knowledge and practice in the following areas:
- Business English
- General English
- International Issues
- Current Affairs
- Skills Development
All the language teachers are highly qualified and have substantial experience in teaching. Students are grouped according to their actual level of English, the levels range from Beginner to Upper-Intermediate. Once they have fulfilled the requirements of the first semester, students continue their studies at the next, higher level of English language.
Besides the language modules, IBS offers the following extra opportunities to the course participants:
- At the end of the programme, those students whose average score in the Business English subject is at least 65%, may take the LCCI (London Chamber of Commerce and Industry) Language Exam free of charge in the school.
- We provide students with Progress Reports (informing students about their absences, academic achievement etc.) twice during each semester.
- Also, there are so-called ‘Assembly Sessions’ every other week, where students can meet and exchange views about the course (in the form of short country presentations and various in-and outdoor programmes held according to prior agreement with the students) and can also better familiarize themselves with each other.
- Those students who achieve passing results (a min. 40% in each English Module) and meet further educational requirements of the programme (their absences do not exceed 20%) receive a Certificate of completion of the course.
Dive with the turtles and practice surfing in Costa Rica or save elephants and help clean water effort in Cambodia or teach children and embark on safaris in Tanzania and develop essential skills for future studies and career.
IBS Global Gap Year is a programme of two very active semesters packed with skills-building, teamwork, intercontinental travel, lifelong memories and friendships. The programme is designed for students fresh out of high school or a bachelor’s programme looking to strengthen their essential skillset along with their English profi ciency and in the meantime participate in meaningful and memorable projects both in Hungary and abroad.
IBS Global Gap Year starts with a 12-week first semester in Budapest, Hungary, where students develop their communication, inter-cultural, project and time management, data collection, analytical, digital as well as English skills. This is followed by a 10-week journey (powered by our British partner, The Leap) to one of the following three destinations of your choice: Costa Rica, Tanzania or Cambodia – where you will actively engage in social, cultural or environmental projects with a group of international students. Finally, you will return to Budapest for an extensive debrief of your experiences along with insightful academic and career coaching, field visits and an exciting project to kick-start your future. IBS Global Gap Year is a programme which intends to educate young adults and help them find their passion in life through a unique combination of intensive mentoring and unforgettable experiences.
|Duration of study period||12 months|
|Application deadline||May 31|
|Tuition fee per programme||€ 11,500|
|One-off registration fee for non-EU citizens||€ 900|
|Campus||Budapest and global study tour|
|Admission criteria||High school degree and IELTS 5.5 or IBS' own English Language Placement Test|
|Language of tuition||English|
* The start of the Gap Year programme depends on a sufficient number of students (at least 7 students).
You must be minimum 18 until 31 December 2017.