Business analysts are the insurers of success. They support decision-making in a way that enables the corporate management to move forward with confidence. They work with numbers, make statistics and it's in their hands that major truths emerge.
|BA in Applied Economics|
|Duration of programme||6 semesters|
|Tuition fee per semester||450.000 HUF|
|One-off registartion fee for non-EU citizens||€ 900|
|Degree awarded by||IBS and ELTE joint degree|
|Language of tuition||English|
|Admission criteria||High School Leaving Certificate|
Applied Economics Programme is a joint programme with ELTE University which aims to train young professionals for jobs related to business and economic analysis. Analysts have an increasingly important role in defining how markets work and understanding the trends and processes that underline the business world.
Knowledge and skills
Upon graduation students will possess comprehensive knowledge of and adequate skills to the following:
- basics of the modern economic theories
- essential knowledge of applied economics in various fields
- application of economic models in business practice
- fundamentals of economic, social and theory history
- awareness of the general economic position of Europe, the East-European Region and Hungary
- basics of disciplines associated to economics
- numeric and verbal analytic skills
- problem-identification, modelling and problem-solving thinking
- interdisciplinary and comparative approach
- understanding the professional literature in English
- familiarity with the principles of academic writing
- basics of IT.
The methodology applied by IBS, involving pair assignments, group tasks and small research projects, will by all means make the Applied Economics seminars diversified and help sudents in developing their problem-identification, problem-solving and group work skills.
Admission requirements are an advanced level final exam in mathematics and an English language certificate of B2 level.
Hungarian applicants should apply through felvi.hu, all other should write to firstname.lastname@example.org for details.